Working on the fundamentals of lasting friendships is the first step towards making new friends. That are many suggestions on how to make new friends, like going to parks, brushing teeth, dressing fashionably and agreeing with what other people say. Whereas some of them might work, understanding what people really want in a friend is of more importance. There is more to a real friend than just a nice smelling breath and fashionable outfit. Below are things that will make you that friend that is really wanted:
1. Work on yourself: All skills need learning and practicing. Being social and knowing how to communicate with other people are vital skills in when making new friends. If you have issues with confidence when around strangers, visit social places frequently so that you get used to seeing new faces every day.
2. Work out on your passion: A common characteristic of people who don’t have many friends is that they don’t really have hobbies (sleeping and watching movies or listening to music while in the bedroom are not hobbies). Having a hobby in which you are active will open doors for new people to flow into your life. Finding what you love is fundamental to an enjoyable and healthy life. After you have discovered your hobbies and started practicing them, you will meet other people also doing what you love doing, and it is very easy to connect with them.
3. Be willing to fail: Avoid a scarcity mindset that makes you think there are only a few people that can be your friends. If you fail to make a friend in a certain situation, try other situations. Push yourself out of this mindset and realize the truth; that there are billions and billions of people who would be great friends.
4. Set core values for your life: People make a big mistake when looking for new friends. They want to change who they really are to “impress” their new friends. By so doing, they become “tags along” and not friends. Core values are important in life as they help one to be real. Remember that if you are not real, you might never get real friends. Always say what you want or feel and give others the chance to be themselves. Stop focusing on social classes as they often hide who people really are.
5. Lastly, challenge yourself: Going out to meet new friends might be challenging but you will have to push yourself through all times. Do not lose focus when faced with difficulties and always act rationally.
Not many people can boast of having enough real friends in life. The majority of people, especially of younger ages want to know how to make new friends. It is important to know that making new friends can take time, and one should be patient.